delivering winning strategies that influence decisions.
Shaping the way you interact with your target market requires a keen understanding of opinions and behaviors. We know how to surface the information required to influence a broad range of stakeholders, including employees, customers, opinion leaders, financial analysts and Board members.
Read more >
Often related to ballot questions and issue campaigns, we can help you identify the right message, spokespeople and target audience to create winning strategies. Guided by insight, we help our clients make informed decisions.
Read more >
Our objective is empowering clients with the information required to advocate on their own behalf. Ranging from gathering diverse perspectives to testing messages, we quickly and accurately deliver targeted approaches that meet our clients’ unique needs.
Read more >
Insights with Impact Blog
Number of the Week: 52
April 26, 2016
In choosing a number this week, I was selfish. I’ll explain. Recently, Anderson Robbins Research conducted a national survey in an attempt to uncover insights into the modern American household. We wanted to see what makes things run smoothly, what causes stress, and ultimately, what makes a household happy.
We are still analyzing and sifting through some of our findings, but as we approach Mother’s Day, I thought I would share one of the data points that hit close to home. 52% of the women surveyed said that sleep and alone time are the things that suffer most, due to the demands of running their household – more than exercise (42%), sex (38%) and reading a book (26%).
So if you were thinking of buying something fancy for May 8, save the cash. Let the woman in your household sleep in on Mother’s Day and for God sakes, leave her alone! Reference this statistic and you will be considered thoughtful. Trust me.
Since Father’s Day is just around the corner I’ll let you in on another secret. 41% of men said that sleep is the thing that suffers the most for them too. This year, no ties and socks, just some extra shut eye.
If you want to check out some of the other information from the survey check out our infographic here. There are still more insights to be revealed so stay tuned.
- Specializes in consumer marketing research, brand and reputation management, and communications research for opinion influencers, executives, clinicians and consumers
- Designs and directs global qualitative and quantitative opinion research for corporations, non-profit organizations and trade associations
- Evaluates advertising, public relations and marketing campaigns with her clients and their agencies
- Began her career at Penn, Schoen & Berland (PS&B), pollsters for President Bill Clinton and Microsoft, among others
- Received a B.A. in Government from Colby College
- Active in the Boston business community, making new connections and mentoring young professionals
- Serves as the Vice Chair for the March of Dimes Board of Directors in Boston
- Volunteers time at her children’s schools with a favorite role as the “Mystery Reader”
- Challenges herself with distance running
- Loves to experience new places, cultures and cuisine, which includes at least one new travel adventure per year with friends or family
- Works on significant public policy issues across industries
- Incorporates quantitative and qualitative research elements for campaigns designed to resonate with clearly-defined audiences
- Held positions of increasing responsibility with Kiley and Company and Opinion Dynamics
- Earned a M.A in Statistical Analysis, Public Opinion and Political Science from Columbia University
- Received a B.A. in English from Colby College
- Serves as a member of the Fox News election night decision team
- Has an active membership in the American Association for Public Opinion Research (AAPOR)
- Serves as advocate and former Board Chair for Read to a Child: Boston
- Enjoys everything outdoors (skiing, running, fishing, hiking) with his family
- Appreciates time with a good fiction book or listening to live music
- Excels at the “nuts and bolts” of survey research, ensuring methodologies are designed realistically and executed properly
- Counts 5,000 research studies as the number managed to date, using telephone, Internet, postal mail, interviews, mall intercepts, focus groups, exit polls and door-to-door surveys
- Ensured research integrity and accuracy at Opinion Dynamics Corporation
- Began his career as the field director at Cambridge Reports, Inc.
- Earned a B.A. in Sociology, while studying Research Methods and Analysis at University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Volunteers at the Mary Ann Morse Nursing Home doing pet therapy for residents
- Helps transport rescue dogs regularly because he’s an avid dog lover
- Raised money for the Jimmy Fund for the past 20 years by participating in the Pan-Mass Challenge
- Appreciates time with his family, which also includes a dog, three cats and two horses
- Specializes in concept testing, message development, advertising evaluation, employee research, reputation management, communication research and multi-national studies
- Manages qualitative and quantitative research for healthcare, financial services, consumer and non-profit organizations
- Involved previously in global B2B, non-profit and international consumer research with KRC Research
- Gained experience earlier in her career working at Portland Research, honing her skills in methodology, philosophy and process
- Received a B.S. cum laude in Marketing from Bentley University
- Participates in activities for her children at the Waldorf School
- Enjoys traveling to beach destinations, cruising and exploring the Casco Bay Islands, particularly in the summer
- Loves spending time with her family, including three young, active children
- Creates and directs communications strategies for both traditional and social media
- Named a “Rising Star” by the Boston Business Journal in 2011 and nominated for an Emmy earlier in her career
- Held a variety of political and media relations positions with InkHouse, Solomon McCown & Co. and the State Treasurer of Massachusetts
- Began her career as a journalist at WBZ-TV (Boston), WNBC (New York) and NY1 News
- Earned a B.A./B.F.A. in Journalism and Film Studies from New York University
- Member of Screen Actors Guild and American Federation of TV and Radio Actors (SAG/AFTRA)
- Rode the Pan-Mass Challenge
- Enjoys hiking, biking and swimming with her three children and husband
A Nun’s Life Ministry
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Cambridge Health Alliance
Citizen’s Housing and Planning Association
Conrad N. Hilton Foundation
Death with Dignity
Dewey Square Group
DLA Piper LLP
Five Corner Strategies
Fox News Network LLC
Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce
Mass Food Association
Massachusetts Association of Health Plans
Massachusetts Medical Society
Massachusetts Nurses Association
Maura Healey Campaign
Michigan Nurses Association
Ogilvy Public Relations
PJA Advertising & Marketing
Right to Repair Committee
Screening for Mental Health
Stand for Children